Pages

Wednesday 5 January 2011

on my plate - honey soy chicken drumsticks



As much as I enjoy cooking pasta dishes, meat, and desserts, I still have days where I crave the flavours of my mum's home cooking, which for me, involves a lot of Asian food. The moment I saw Curtis Stone's recipe for chicken drumsticks marinated in honey and soy, memories of my mum's baked honey soy chicken wings came flooding back - slightly salty and sweet, juicy wings on a bed of steaming hot jasmine rice to soak up all the deliciously sticky sauce - and knew I had to make this the next day. 

While I stole a page from my mum's book and baked them instead of grilling, they still turned out just fine. The coriander and squeeze of lemon juice were just icing on the cake.... Well, icing on the chicken, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment