Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2011

homemade pizza


Aaah, pizza. Even the greasiest, cheese-laden pizza from a dodgy local pizza joint will still hit the spot on a lazy Sunday night. And, as I just found out today, it's also a pretty good idea for Sunday afternoons with a fridge filled with leftovers, too.


Up until now, I've liked the idea of making pizza at home more than the actual results itself. I've fantasized about caramelised onion, pumpkin & feta pizza and tasty chicken pesto with avocado on a crispy thin base, but in actuality, it's a struggle to get my topped pizza into the oven intact, and when it comes out, it's a soggy mess - nothing like what the pictures in the cookbook would suggest at all.



Fortunately in this digital age, I can just google 'make good pizza at home' and find some handy tips I should've thought of sooner (cook base first, and place pizza base on baking paper to easily transfer pizza to and from the pizza pan/stone), leaving me with more time to focus on what leftovers I can use up to make a good pizza. Semi-dried tomato, pepper-crusted bacon and egg was the winner of the day, though sausage meat, basil, potato and olive oil came a very close second. A little too close, actually. I guess I'll have to do a pizza-off again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment