Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

chilled peach and basil pasta



It's that time of the year again, where the thermometer just decides to not move from its place of 35˚ every single day. Where my usual motivation to cook and try new things evaporates in the heavy summer air. I know I should cook more, prepare more lunches, and try new recipes, but in this heat, I really can't gather the strength to get off the couch and meddlw with a hot stove. 


But finding this recipe on Just Hungry for a peach and basil pasta managed to peel me off the couch. Little time to prepare? Check. Also delicious cold or chilled? Check. Weird enough combination to satisfy my monthly weird-food quota? Check. 

Peaches and pasta don't really seem like they'd go well with pasta and olive oil, but I was pleasantly surprised. The fruitiness of the extra virgin olive oil  really complements the peaches, and the basil helps freshen it up to cut through the oiliness of the dish. It's not going to replace a good ice cream sandwich to beat the heat, but it's a nice refreshing change of pace.  When you can get off the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment